Douglas M. Morton
Douglas M. Morton
Department of Earth Sciences
- Regional geology of Southern California
Regional geology of Southern California;tectonics;petrologic aspects of basement rocks of the Peninsular and Transverse Ranges, GIS applications to geologic history of Southern California.
Tectonics of Northern Peninsular Ranges; geology of eastern San Gabriel Mountains.
Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1966
- A vanished late Pliocene to early Pleistocene alluvial-fan complex in the northern Perris Block, southern California, in Colburn, I.P., Abbott, P.L. and Minch, J. eds. Conglomerates in basin analysis: a symposium dedicated to A.O. Woodford; Pacific Section Society Economic Paleontologists and Mineralogists, v. 63, p. 73-80, 1989.
- Geologic map of the Telegraph Peak quadrangle, southern California; U.S. Geological Survey Open-file map 90-701, Morton, D.M., Woodburne, M.O., and Foster, J., 1990.
- Geologic map of the Devore Quadrangle, California. Morton, D.M., and J.C. Matti, U.S. Geol. Survey Open File Report 90-695, 1991.
- The San Andreas fault system in the vicinity of the Central Transverse Ranges province, southern California: Matti, J.C., Morton, D.M., and Cox, B.F., U. S. Geological Survey Open-file Report 92-354, 1992.
- Paleogeographic evolution of the San Andreas fault in southern California: a reconstruction based on a new cross-fault correlation. Matti, J.C. and Morton, D.M. in Powell, R.E., Weldon, R.J., and Matti, J., eds., The San Andreas fault system: Displacement, palinspastic reconstruction, and geologic evolution: Geological Society of America Memoir 178, 1993.
- Extension and contraction within an evolving convergent strike-slip fault complex: the San Andreas and San Jacinto fault zones at the convergence in southern California: Morton, D.M., and Matti, J.C., in Powell, R.E., Weldon, R.J., and Matti, J.C., eds., The San Andreas fault system: Displacement, palinspastic reconstruction, and geologic evolution: Geological Society of America Memoir 178, 1993.
- Subsidence and ground fissuring in the San Jacinto Basin, southern California. D. M. Morton, In K. R. Prince, D. L. Galloway and S. A. Leake (eds.) U.S. Geological Survey Subsidence Interest Group Conference, Edwards Air Force Base, Antelope Valley, California November 18-19, 1992: Abstracts and Summary: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report OF 94-532, p. 29-31, 1995.
- Preliminary digital geologic map of the Santa Ana 30' x 60' quadrangle, southern California, D. M. Morton, version 1.0: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-172, 42 p., 1999.
- A debris avalanche at Forest Falls, San Bernardino County, California, July 11, 1999: D. M. Morton and R. M. Hauser, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 01-146. CD ROM and web; http://geopubs.wr.usgs.gov/open-file/of01-146.