Katherine J. Kendrick
Katherine J. Kendrick
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Department of Earth Sciences
- Tectonic Geomorphology
Tectonic geomorphology; fault activity and interactions in Southern California; pedogenic processes as applied to neotectonics; paleoseismicity.
Tectonic deformation surrounding a restraining fault bend, northern San Jacinto fault, southern California; fault rupture associated with the 1999 Hector Mine earthquake, southern California; uplift and fault history of the Gurvan Bulag and Bogd faults, Mongolia.
Ph.D., University of California, Riverside, 1999
- Kendrick, K.J., Graham, R.C., 2004, Pedogenic Silica Accumulation in Chronosequence Soils, Southern California. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 68, 1295-1303.
- Kendrick, K.J., Morton, D.M., Wells, S.G., and Simpson, R.W., 2002, Spatial and temporal deformation along the northern San Jacinto fault, southern California; Implications for slip rates; Bull. Seis. Soc. Am. vol.92, no.7, pp.2782-2802.
- Treiman, J.A., Kendrick, K.J., Bryant, W.A., Rockwell, T.K., McGill, S.F., 2002, Primary surface rupture associated with the Mw7.1 16 October, 1999 Hector Mine earthquake, San Bernardino County, California; Bull. Seis. Soc. Am., vol.92, no.4, pp.1171-1191, May 2002
- Prentice, C.S., Kendrick, K.J., Berryman, K., Ritz, J.R., and Spencer, J., 2002, Prehistoric ruptures of the Gurvan Bulag fault, Gobi Altay, Mongolia; Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 107, no. B12.
- Ritz, J-F, Bourlès, D., Brown, E.T., Carretier, S., Chery, J., Enhtuvshin, B., Galsan, P., Finkel, R.C., Hanks, T.C., Kendrick, K.J., Philip, H., Raisbeck, G., Schlupp, A., Schwartz, D.P., and Yiou, F., 2003, Late Pleistocene to Holocene slip rates for the Gurvan Bulag thrust fault estimated with 10Be dates; Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 108, no. B3, pp
- Hecker, S., Kendrick, K.J., Ponti, D.J., and Hamilton, J., 1998, Digital Fault and Fold Map and Database for Southern California: Phase I - Faults of Long Beach 30' x 60' quadrangle; U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 98-129.
- Kendrick, K.J., and McFadden, L.D., 1996, Comparison and contrast of processes of soil formation in the San Timoteo Badlands with chronosequences in California; Quaternary Research, v. 46, p. 149-160.