Assistant Teaching Professor, School Practicum & Internship Coordinator
Graduate School of Education
2120 Sproul Hall
- My research focuses on implementing Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) in applied settings (Response to Intervention and Positive Behavior Support). This includes evaluating professional development efforts in K-12 settings and identifying the supports necessary to make MTSS implementation more effective. Additionally, I am interested in working with students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Specifically, determining effective and efficient methods of conducting behavioral assessments that will lead to the development of evidence-based interventions.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D., University of California, Riverside, School Psychology
- Master of Education, M.Ed., University of California, Riverside, School Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts, B.A., California State University, San Bernardino, Psychology
Cat is the field coordinator and lecturer for the school psychology program at the University of California, Riverside. She is a credentialed school psychologist and has worked with school districts all over the state assisting with implementation of MTSS. Additionally, she helps districts develop and evaluate how they deliver services to students with ASD and social-emotional and behavioral problems. As a credentialed school psychology in the state of California, Cat coordinates the field experiences for the school psychology students and provides instruction designed to help students transition into independent school psychology practice.
- Swartz, S.L., Geraghty, C.A., & Franklin-Guy, S. (2011). Response to Intervention: Implementation and Legal Issues. Dayton, OH: Education Law Association.
- Swartz, S.L., Geraghty, C.A., Pitchford, K. & Swartz, P.H. (2008). Family Literacy Workshops: The Home-School Connection. Oceanside, CA: Cavallo Publishing.
- Swartz, S.L., & Geraghty, C.A. (2013). Transition: Individuals with Disabilities. In K.E. Lane, M.A. Gooden, J.F. Mead, P Pauken, & S. Eckes (Eds.), The principal's legal handbook (5th Edition, pp. 279-291). Dayton, OH: Education Law Association.
- Checca, C.J., Vanderwood, M.L., & Geraghty, C.A. (in review). Reliability and generalizability theory comparisons of oral reading fluency passages.
- Geraghty, C.A., & Vanderwod, M.L. (in review). Effects of narrative versus informational texts during read alouds in language and vocabulary acquisition.
- O'Connor, R.E., Swanson, H.L. & Geraghty, C. (2010). Improvement in reading rate under independent and difficult text levels: Influences on word and comprehension skills. Journal of Educational Psychology, 102, 1-19.