Graduate School of Education
2125 Sproul Hall
My research focus includes multilevel modeling, propensity score matching, instrumental variable approach, causal mediation analysis and Bayesian analysis. My primary area of research is causal mediation analysis, which investigates mechanisms through which the treatment has its effect on the outcome.
- Ph. D. Educational Psychology (Quantitative Methods), University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- M.A. Educational Measurement and Evaluation, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- B.A. Elementary Education, Seoul National University of Education, Seoul, Korea
Soojin Park is an Assistant Professor of quantitative methods in the Graduate School of Education at the University of California, Riverside. She received her Ph.D. in education from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2016. Before joining the Ph.D. program, she worked as a junior educational policy analyst for Programme for International Studies Assessment (PISA) at the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Current Curriculum Vitae
- Steiner, P., Park, S.,& Kaplan, D. (In press). Identifying Causal Estimands for Time-Varying Treatments Measured with Time-Varying (Age or Grade-Based) Instruments. Multivariate Behavioral Research.
- Park, S., & Kaplan, D. (2015). Bayesian Causal Mediation Analysis for Group Randomized Designs with Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Effects: Simulation and Case Study. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 50(3), 316-333.
- Park, S. (2015). Abstract: Identifying Average Causal Mediation Effects with Multiple Mediators in the Presence of Treatment Noncompliance. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 50 (1).
- Park, H-J. & Park, S. (2010). Application of the Multi-level Mixture Regression Analysis to the Students’ Learning Time and Academic Performance on Science, Journal of Educational Evaluation, 23(2), 345-368.
- Kaplan, D., Park, S. (2014), Analysing international large-scale assessment data within a Bayesian framework. A handbook of international large-scaled assessment: Background, technical issues, and methods of data analysis. London: Chapman Hall/CRC press.
OECD Publications (co-author or contributed author)
- OECD (2012). Public and Private Schools: How management and funding relate to their socio-economic profile, OECD Publishing.
- OECD (2011). Quality Time for Students: Learning In and Out of School, OECD Publishing.
- OECD (2010). PISA 2009 Results, Volume IV, What makes a school successful?, OECD Publishing.
- OECD (2010). Green at Fifteen?: How 15-years-olds Perform in Environmental Science and Geo-science in PISA 2006, OECD Publishing.
- OECD (2009). Creating Effective Teaching and Learning Environments: First Result from TALIS, OECD Publishing.