Department of Physics & Astronomony
- Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
My research interests are in an area of theoretical condensed matter physics of disordered and strongly-correlated, mostly low-dimensional systems. This includes two-dimensional electron systems (2DES's) in semiconductors and on the surface of liquid Helium, both in zero magnetic field and under the conditions of quantum Hall effect, layered high-transition temperature (high-Tc) cuprate superconductors and related materials, various one-dimensional systems (self-organized quasi-1D systems like stripes in cuprates, chiral edge channels in quantum Hall samples, quasi-one-dimensional organics, carbon nanotubes, etc), ``zero''-dimensional systems (quantum dots, tunneling junctions, Kondo spins, etc).
This field is an active, mathematically advanced, intellectually-gratifying area of research on the very frontier of science, competitive and extremely attractive to aspiring scientists. It rapidly gains in importance because of the interest in novel materials with unusual properties, as a natural result of the technological development towards nano-scale electronics, and in relation to the quantum computing effort.
Ph.D. 1996, Stanford University
- L. P. Pryadko and G. Quiroz, "Soft-pulse dynamical decoupling in a cavity", Phys. Rev. A 77, 012330 (2008), [arXiv:0708.4267].
- L. P. Pryadko and A. N. Korotkov, "Coherence of a Josephson phase qubit under partial-collapse measurement", Phys. Rev. B 76, 100503 (2007), [arXiv:0704.3806].
- L. P. Pryadko and P. Sengupta, "Quantum kinetics of an open system in the presence of periodic refocusing fields", Phys. Rev. B 73, 085321 (2006), [arXiv:quant-ph/0510001].
- P. Sengupta and L. P. Pryadko, "Scalable design of tailored soft pulses for coherent control", Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 037202 (2005), [arXiv:quant-ph/0502029].
- P. Sengupta, L. P. Pryadko, F. Alet, M. Troyer, and G. Schmid, "Supersolids versus Phase Separation in Two-Dimensional Lattice Bosons", Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 207202 (2005), [arXiv:cond-mat/0412338].
- L. P. Pryadko, S. A. Kivelson, and O. Zachar, "Incipient Order in the t-J Model at High Temperatures", Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 067002 (2004), [arXiv:cond-mat/0306342].
- M. I. Dykman and L. P. Pryadko, "Low-frequency conductivity of a nondegenerate two-dimensional electron liquid in strong magnetic fields", Phys. Rev. B 67, 235104 (2003), [arXiv:cond-mat/0302484].
- F. Kuehnel, L. P. Pryadko, and M. I. Dykman, "Single-electron magnetoconductivity of a nondegenerate two-dimensional electron system in a quantizing magnetic field", Phys. Rev. B 63, 165326 (2001), [arXiv:cond-mat/0008416].
- L. P. Pryadko, E. Shimshoni, and A. Auerbach, "Coulomb interactions and delocalization in quantum Hall constrictions", Phys. Rev. B 61, 10929 (2000), [arXiv:cond-mat/9910380].
- J. D. Naud, L. P. Pryadko, and S. L. Sondhi, "Fractional Quantum Hall Effect in Infinite-Layer Systems", Phys. Rev. Lett. 85, 5408 (2000).
- L. P. Pryadko and A. Auerbach, "Hall Resistivity and Dephasing in the Quantum Hall Insulator", Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, 1253 (1999).
- L. P. Pryadko, S. A. Kivelson, V. J. Emery, Y. B. Bazaliy, and E. A. Demler, "Topological doping and the stability of stripe phases", Phys. Rev. B 60, 7541 (1999).
- L. P. Pryadko and S.-C. Zhang, "Duality and universality for the Chern-Simons bosons", Phys. Rev. B 54, 4953 (1996).